If a business owner is not interested in showing the world that he has something to do with the business, he can remain anonymous. Some business owners who work in LLC may feel that if they remain anonymous they can stay away from lawsuits.
What is an LLC?
LLC is a Limited Liability Company. This is a type of business structure mainly used in the United States, where both the corporation and partnership types of business exist.
An anonymous limited liability company is an LLC where the member names are hidden from the public. This type of business is registered by a registered agent who is also a third party.
What is an Anonymous Limited Liability Company State?
An LLC business entity can be formed in which the identity of the owners, members or managers is hidden and such an LLC is called an Anonymous LLC State.
Confidential LLC or Private LLC also are used to define anonymous limited liability companies.
How do Anonymous Companies work?
Normally all public companies share officer information publicly on company websites or on official Documents. This is because usually companies try to gain and increase trust from clients and customers by sharing their information.
But when coming to anonymous companies they do not share their information. They do not maintain any websites and the documents they might have filled when creating the business will have inaccurate information about the officers.
Sometimes, those documents will be filled by persons who are not part of the company listing anonymous companies as reference making it difficult to track down the owners.
Benefits of Anonymity
The anonymous limited liability company which can also be called a private company will have many benefits as the company owners are not listed publicly in state records. Some of the most valuable advantages include:
- In this way, all their real estate investments and financial status can be kept out of the public eye.
- This will help in protecting privacy as their names and addresses will be out of the internet.
- By keeping the identity and address away from the internet, unwanted harassment from salespeople, competitors, or anyone else can be avoided.
- This can help owners to avoid lawsuits and personal creditors.
Common Myths on Anonymous Corporations:
- People and the government sometimes think that anonymous companies always indulge in illegal activities which is completely false. It is fine for the owner to stay away from the limelight when he is not comfortable with the impending lawsuits.
- People think that business owners can never remain anonymous. This statement is also wrong as in some states it is possible for the business owners to remain anonymous completely.
- Few other sets of people will think that anonymous corporations cannot be identified. This is also not true. There are chances that few details get leaked to the public eye but this fact may vary depending on the state.
When thinking of creating an anonymous LLC it is always advisable to consult a legitimate law firm or attorney beforehand. Hiring an internet legal company will not give the same guarantee as you get from that of a legal attorney.